International Circus Studies PhD Directors Network
Following the Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3’s circus program initiative (France), in collaboration with Concordia University (Canada) and Campinas University (Brazil), we are pleased to inaugurate the International Circus Studies PhD Directors’ Network.
- Philippe Goudard (Full Pr - Montpellier 3 University, France)
- Louis Patrick Leroux (Full Pr - Concordia University, Canada)
- Marco Antonio Coelho Bortoleto (Full Pr - Campinas University, Brazil)
The network’s objectives:
- establish a bridge and resource for doctoral students working on circus topics,
- establish and maintain sustainable networks between international programs and individuals engaged in circus studies doctoral training,
- to share experience and methodologies,
- to explore and position itself in the landscape of international circus research,
- to meet, at least once a year, to share experiences and propose research activities and collaborations,
- to support and contribute to the consolidation of circus research in graduate programs.
Who can join:
- anyone authorized to supervise doctoral dissertations at a university, and anyone who:
- has successfully supervised or co-supervised a doctoral dissertation with a substantive circus topic until its completion and defense,
- is currently supervising or co-supervising a doctoral dissertation with a substantive circus topic, or
- wants to propose their candidature for consideration.